I woke up yesterday morning thinking a lot about the OWN TV Show Host contest.
I could feel there would be some activity. I hoped it would be a call from the casting agents, asking me in to meet the producers.
It was the announcement of the eight finalists who received the most votes during the voting part of the contest.
One of them will be on the reality show part of the contest.
Thirty-five more will get call-backs to meet with producers and nine of them will be on the reality show.
I want to be one of the nine.
In the past, I’ve been able to manifest many things and experiences I’ve really wanted. Now, I’m going to publicly share my manifesting strategy with you and put it into action, right here.
1) Get clear on what you want and tell the story of it – in words or pictures.
Before graduating first in my class from Georgetown, I saw it in my mind’s eye. I knew I’d have two kids before I was 30. I visioned my house on the beach in Hermosa for years before I lived in it.
There’s more, but this gives you an idea of how manifestation has worked for me in the past.
I’ve always known I’d be on a reality show and have my own show on television helping people to resolve conflict. (Wow, it’s hard to do this manifesting thing publicy; brings up all kinds of fear about it not working and looking like an idiot – I think this fear of feeling dumb is what keeps people from using law of attraction principles.)
Written as clearly as it can be then, the experience I want is to be chosen as one of the contestants to participate in OWN Network “Your Own Show” reality show.
2) Now, feel what it will feel like when it happens.
Lots of people stop with the vision board or the written description and think that’s all it takes to manifest, but that’s far from the end of the process.
After getting clear about what you want and writing it or drawing it or speaking it out loud, you need to take it a step forward and actually feel the reality of what you want as much as you can in your body.
Put yourself into the experience of what it will feel like when you experience that thing you want.
As I do this, my mind immediately wants to focus in on the details, the obstacles, the discomfort. My mind is afraid for me to feel what I truly want.
It wants to protect me from the disappointment of not getting what I want. It wants to convince me I don’t really want it or that it’ll never happen and not to get my hopes up.
Instead, I bypass my mind and feel the energy, excitement, run around the house screaming intensity of getting that call from the producers. I allow the feeling of that yes to swell up inside of me and I allow the tears to spill across my face. Because no doubt I would cry.
I feel the fear that will surely hit shortly within after that when I realize the “reality” of what’s to come.
I experience the discomfort of competing for my own show and seeing all my shortcomings so publicly broadcast for everyone to see.
I bring compassion to that fear and discomfort and make the commitment to stay true to myself, no matter what.
3) Then, let go of the outcome and trust.
This is the hardest part. To want something so much and at the same time let go of it. It’s the ultimate balancing act.
I practice trusting in something bigger than myself, the divine order of everything. I practice knowing that all is well and that whatever happens will be just right.
This is the hardest part, trusting, allowing, letting go.
4) Last, take some action that is within your control
It’s easy to get stuck in the fantasy and the daydreaming parts of manifestation and not take any action. This is a big mistake and why many people say the law of attraction doesn’t work – it’s not that it doesn’t work, it’s that they aren’t working for it.
From the space of trusting that all is well, ask yourself what, if any, action you can take that could bring you closer to the reality of that which you want.
Nothing happens without action.
While my mind wants to tell me this contest is completely out of my hands and there’s no action I can take, I know that’s not true. There’s something I can do. It’s just scary and uncomfortable.
I can write a letter to Oprah and Mark, right here on my blog, about why they should choose me. Then, I can do everything possible to make sure they see it.
So this is my letter to Oprah, Mark and the Universe about why I should be chosen for the Your OWN Show contest:
Dear Oprah, Mark and the Universe,
Choose me to be on Oprah’s Your OWN Show because:
1) The Catalyst is needed in the world. This show, about resolving conflict from the inside out, will provide a much needed antidote to the traditional Judge/Court shows that reinforce the ideas of blame, victimization and entitlement. So many people are sitting on their couches watching TV, wondering what happened to their lives – how their lives got so out of control and unhappy. The catalyst will help them see that resolving conflicts is the path to joy and freedom.
2) The Catalyst will help people with real legal issues. I’ve worked inside the big law firm, built my own firm and seen where the legal system is broken. Most people simply do not have the resources to navigate the system and others are abusing it. The Catalyst will direct people to become their own advocates without getting sucked into our over-taxed legal system unless that truly is the best route. I simplify difficult concepts and tell it like it is so everyone watching will not only be entertained by the everyday conflicts brought through the questions from viewers, but educated as well by the answers I provide. Edu-tainment.
3) There’s a big market for the Catalyst. We love conflict and drama, as proven by the years of the People’s Court, Judge Judy and the rest of the television court shows. They also love to ask about their own legal issues and watch/listen as others have theirs answered. Bill Handel has been on the radio for years, 3 hours every Saturday, and is the #1 listened to radio show in many markets providing, as he says “marginal legal advice.” The format is proven, the show is not expensive to make, and millions of people will watch it.
4) Sponsors will love the show. The Catalyst will be sponsored by insurance companies, lawyers, legal document preparation companies, financial service firms, debt consolidation and restructuring firms, tax service companies and more.
5) I would be a great reality show contestant. I’m open, and willing to share it all. The stress of being a single mom, co-parenting and managing my own conflicts with my ex, and running my businesses while being on the show. There’s sure to be several breakdowns and breakthroughs, all of which would be a lot of fun to watch.
6) My life is nutty. My ex-husband lives with us, I c0-sleep with my kids in our family bed, go to Burning Man, travel frequently to speak at events, host eclectic workshops at my home, run three businesses virtually, just bought a farm, juggle it all with dating and have some very interesting friends (from unschoolers with no income or permanent housing to multi-million dollar entrepreneurs and everything in between).
I’m excited to show people what it’s really like to live this non-conventional life.
Bottom line, it’s time to add a fresh voice to the marketplace that brings a new and unique perspective about what to do with their legal issues … my voice is that voice.
I’ve seen conflict from every angle and I know what happens to us when we resolve it from the inside out.
Oprah, Mark, Universe … I trust this show will be made one way or another. There is no better home for it that I can imagine than the Oprah Winfrey Network, OWN.
With your help, we will move one step closer to world peace by helping your audience see that if we want peace, it must begin right here with each of us.
The Catalyst will be the catalyst for that peace for millions of people who want it, but don’t yet have the tools or knowledge to make it a reality in the face of their circumstances.
So, that’s my manifestation process, laid out in all its glory. Next stop, getting my letter to Oprah and Mark, so if you’ve got an in with them, please make sure they see it. I’ll be looking for other routes as well.
I’d love to hear your thoughts about manifestation, the law of attraction and whether you have any other processes you love for creating the life you want on your terms.
Goosebumps!! Reading your letter to Oprah, seeing you come out & state your desires so openly, way to model courage and passion Alexis! I'm seeing you there too 🙂
I loved the blog post talking about how you manifest your life… and then the letter… that was good! I can see you doing that for The Catalyst 🙂
What a wonderful out pouring of wanting what you want! I love and feel juiced by your tone and intent! Thanks for enlivening my Saturday and may goodness continue to find expression through you.
My thoughts on manifesting what you is…IT WORKS!
For nearly 10 years I was really feeling 'stuck'. I had everything most people wanted, success, money, a house and yet I just wasn't happy. I hated my life!
2 years ago I decided to do something about it. Just like you did here, I got clear on what I wanted and put my intentions in the hands of the Universe. Within weeks I gained clarity and direction. I redesigned my life.
Took the last 22 months to sail around the world on wonderful adventures.
Today I'm doing what I LUV! Instead of being trapped in an office, I'm now writing, speaking, presenting, helping other people answer the question ~ What do I do with my life?
Wow, Lex… You just laid stake in a huge claim and backed it up with some juice!
Way to lay it all out there for the taking! Love it!
You go, girlie!!!
wow… I need a minute to catch my breath!
I'm filled with transformational inspiration when I think back to the “whisper seed” I had in my head to send you that tweet nudge – so glad I chose to listen to my own voice within – to your production process – the final product of your audition tape – to your “get the word out” efforts across the social media landscape – to you reaching deep down and asking the powerful question – “What else can I do that is within my control?” – This post of your process and your letter of passion and commitment to Oprah, Mark, and the Universe is such delicious icing on the cake of the experience of watching your bright and beautiful path unfold…keep steppin' my friend!!!
Hugs and love coming your way for your graceful and public blend of the Divine Feminine and Masculine grooving to an essential dance of healing.
Hey Alexis, just wanted to let you know that watched some of the other auditions and then yours again and your by far was the best one. They way you spoke, the video, the graphics everything was way more polished and professional. I just know that one way or another, your show will come to life in the best way possible. -Karissa
You are truly going after your dreams and that it is so uplifiting to see it all here to read and be a part of.
My husband and I are working on our manifestation. We sat down just the other day and set out what we are reaching for in the coming years and are working everyday to reach this place. It will take time, it will take adjustment and it will take a belief in one another.
Thank you for reminding me to stay in that “law of attraction” state of mind everyday to keep on track and we will reach our goal!
I just came across this post today – you are so inspiring!!! I love that you laid out your manifesting process and reading your letter to Oprah and Mark…well, it's awesome – just like you 🙂
Thanks for pointing out that step 2 is so critical. “Assume the feeling of the wish fulfilled” is what LOA master Neville Goddard (most don't know about him, he wrote/lived in the early part of the 1900's) says.
What I love about your take on “assuming the feeling” is the EXTENT to which you took the feelings part of manifestation. YES – we have to feel ALL THE WAY TO THE FULFILLMENT, all the way through. I think many overlook the depth and extent to which we must “assume the feeling” so thanks for illustrating with a fantastic example.
You are awesome. I love how real, raw and honest you are. I don't have any in's with Oprah but I'll bet you get on the show and if you don't know that the Universe has something bigger planned for you. As one of the spiritual leaders at my church says, What we consider rejection, is God's protection. Looking forward to watching you on tv.
I'm sending prayers up that He'll open the floodgates and help you realize your dream.
Thank you for this and thank you for being so open with who you *really* are.
I have always felt disconnected in my personal and professional life. I realized this completely when I attended Burning Man for the first time last year. I relate so much to your story of “outside girl” and “inside girl”. I have been working at bringing those two girls to a balanced state of bliss for the last year. Slowly, but surely it is coming together. I am very grateful to have found your page and your story and look forward to sharing a conversation at some point in the future.
I can't wait to hear that you make the cut for the reality show!
Love & Light (& Dust!)
Hi Renae, thanks! The two are definitely coming together. I just ordered a set of dread falls for Burning Man this year and I'm going to take some new professional pictures with them in. Wow! 🙂
Thank you love.
Stop by if you find yourself near 6:04 & F – The Perpetual Virgins Camp.