As I’ve often said, having it all means having it ALL. And being grateful for all of it, even when sometimes it doesn’t feel good.
Yesterday was one of those days.
I missed both coaching calls, ate terribly and didn’t get to exercise.
I do have some good excuses – we were traveling back from Denver, my daughter got the flu and I had to hire a new nanny for my kids right quick.
So, I’m trying not to be too hard on myself.
But, I AM a perfectionist, so it’s tough.
Plus, I thought I had a manager all lined up who was going to make my reality show a reality and we were scheduled to meet on Thursday and then she called to say she’s too booked to meet.
Boo. Super bummed. AND trusting that all is happening exactly as it’s supposed to and that when it’s time for me to have a TV show, I will. Of course there’s that part of me that says, “what if that’s never?” and then I get super sad.
The ups and the downs. Part of life.
Fortunately, there’s lots of ups too.
* We have an amazing group of lawyers joining the Personal Family Lawyer program during our recent open enrollment period.
* After being told I couldn’t live tweet the Sunday service at Agape any longer, I talked to the Rev today and not only do I get to live Tweet, but I’m going to be coaching the Agape public relations gal to create a strategic vision and systems around getting the Agape message out to the world. What a blessing!
* We found the most amazing new nanny who literally has all of the qualities I requested on my nanny attraction list. And I got clear that I don’t want her to worry about cooking, cleaning or grocery shopping. Her one and only job is to give my kids attention and presence. That feels really good. No worries that I’ll be cooking, shopping and cleaning while she’s with the kids! My ex is stepping up to do the shopping and cooking and my housekeeper does a great job cleaning.
I’m amazed at the energy shift that’s happened since my old nanny is out of the picture. I didn’t realize how much she was dragging down the energy in the house.
* Last night, we instituted a new system in our house using chips so that the kids can experience the consequences of their actions without rewards or punishment. More about that later.
* Last, but far from least, I’m getting ready to go to Hawaii for a week with my honey for a MUCH needed vacation and a mastermind meeting.
So, overall, it’s all good. 🙂 But, lots of ups and downs along the way.
Photo Credit: Kworfeldein