It seems very possible that the US dollar is on its way to collapse. While I’d like to pretend it’s just fear-mongering, I can feel the reality that it’s not.
The reality is that we know a shift is coming.
Whether that shift is a massive weather shift that impacts all of us, an economic shift that will rock us to our core or some sort of an astrological shift around the year 2012, it does not matter.
The shift is coming and I’m wondering how you are preparing.
450,000 Jews did nothing in the face of Hilter because they couldn’t believe how bad it could get.
New Orleans residents watched water pour into their homes and did nothing because they couldn’t believe how bad it could get.
Are you going to be taken off guard by not believing how bad it can get?
I sure hope not. I hope you are being realistic about what’s coming and not burying your head in the sand of magical thinking and false security.
What I’m doing to prepare?
- Bringing together a community of people who care about each other.
- Making sure all members of the community have somewhere safe, supportive, nurturing and nourishing to land in the case of food or water shortages or urban riots.
- Educating myself about things I don’t really like to think about.
- Leveraging all of my resources to create assets that I know will matter no matter how bad things get — land, food, education, training, community.
- Looking into co-ownership of property overseas, particularly in Peru.
- Doing the inner work I need to do in order to be able to say yes to any and every challenge that comes my way with grace.
So, what about you? What are you doing to prepare? Or do you think I’m being too over the top about this?
I’m interested to hear – please share your thoughts in the comments. I read and appreciate them all!